In order to export your keyword ranking data into Google's Big Query service, so you can run complex SQL queries on large datasets or use the data as a basis for a dashboard you're creating in Google Data Studio, you will need to complete the following steps:
1) Login to your Google Console
- Login to your Google account and then go to https://console.cloud.google.com/
2) Create a Service Account
- Go to IAM & Admin > Service Accounts and follow the wizard
- Just provide a name and (optionally) a description. Google will automatically create the Service account ID:
- Assigned the service account you've just created a role of 'BigQuery user':
2 c) Grant users access to this service account
- This is an optional step. You can just click on the DONE button here.
3) Create a key file
- From the Service Accounts view (IAM & Admin > Service Accounts), click on the Actions column on the right-hand side and select 'Create key'.
This will ask if you want to create a JSON file or a P12 file:
- Leave 'JSON' selected and click on 'CREATE'. This will download a JSON file to your machine.
- If you now click on IAM & Admin > IAM now, you should see your service account added as a Member with the 'BigQuery User' role assigned to it (if you don't see this (highlighted in the orange box below), you will need to manually add a Member and ensure the Member name is the same as the service key and the 'BigQuery User' role is assigned to this member):
4) Copy your Project ID
- Go to IAM > Settings and copy your Project ID to your clipboard:
5) Send us the details
- Finally, just email your account manager or email@example.com the following:
- The Big Query Project ID
- The JSON file you downloaded
We will then arrange for all your project the data to be copied over to Big Query. Your account manager will let you know when this has been done. c